Sunday 7 October 2012

What's in my bag

There was a time that a girl's handbag was sacred and which contents were not to be seen by others.
Thanks to whatsinmyhandbag.com, they're being displayed all over the Internet for everyone to see.
I'm a huge fan of the website, discovering new beauty and accessory buys.
So I thought I'd join in!
Here's a little peek into the products and necessities I carry day to day.





Bag
My bag is the classic Zara shopper basket in tan. I adore this bag, it's so big it fits everything I need whether I'm going to work or shopping and lunch at the weekend. It has two small pockets on one side of the lining which is a perfect fit for my phone and nail polishes. The other side has a big pocket with a zip, which my kindle slots into. My only issue it that it doesn't fasten.

Purse
My purse was an investment buy. It's a nude pink Chloe purse with a gold bow and has lots of little pockets for cards, spare change and receipts. It also works well as a clutch if I'm going on an impromptu night out after work as I can slip my phone and a lipstick inside.

Sunglasses
Continuing with the Chloe theme, I wear the Myrte Sunglasses. I bought them over two years ago and I still love wearing them. They really are a classic staple and I have the chocolate colour, which isn't as harsh as black.

iPhone
The essential. I check work and personal accounts on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and email on the go. I also love my apps; my new favourites are Picfx and Jamie's 15 Minute Meals.

Perfume
You get it, I love Chloe. The classic perfume is musky, Autumnal and always receives compliments. Is there anything else you'd want from a perfume?

Makeup Bag
I bought a few NARS products and received a free makeup bag with a few sample goodies inside, which is a perfect size for holding my everyday beauty bits. I have foundation, powder, blush, eyeliner and mascara for topping up throughout the day.

Naked 2
I have both naked palettes and this one is my favourite; the colours are lighter and compliment my skin much more. I just adore it; the brush is just sublime and it includes a mirror.

Hand Cream
L'Occitane hand cream is perfect to apply throughout the day as it just sinks in so damn fast.

Nail Polish and File
Topshop and Essie are two of my favourite polish brands and I fill in any chips as soon as they occur; I don't like my nails chipped at all.

Mac Lip Balm
I sometimes suffer with chapped lips and this has a little colour in it too, which looks lovely on my lips.

Notebook
I'm a bit of a list maker and I much prefer writing down my ideas and plans than storing them in my phone. This book is a Liberty print notepad from Waterstones.

Reading Materials
I have a commute to work and I use this to read a magazine or my kindle, on which I'm currently reading The Gift by PS I Love You author Cecelia Ahern.
Now don't dismiss Cecelia as chick lit.
She's much more than that.
Ahern grabs you by your shoulders and transports you to another world, dropping you with a thud into her world of despair and hilarity. The woman literally has me in tears and giggles. Give her a go.
Oh, and Elle speaks for itself.

Essentials
Keys, comb and umbrella. Naturally.


What do you have in your bag?



4 comments:

  1. I love these kinds of posts - I'm a right nosy parker! Might have to give that Chloe perfume a try x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Christy. The Chloe perfume is so gorgeous, I try others but always come back to this scent x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I adore your bag, have been wanting it for so long but just haven't got the money! Would love it if you could take a look at my blog -
    http://lucy-abigail.blogspot.co.uk/
    Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
  4. amazing pictures:) Great blog I follow you now Would you like to follow me back?
    Magda xx

    www.maagdzia21.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete